- For the purposes of this section, Personal Information will be understood in accordance with the definition provided in the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (“the Act”). Skins Cosmetics also subscribes to the principles for electronically collecting personal information outlined in the Act, and the further legislation referred to therein. We endeavour to ensure the quality, accuracy and confidentiality of Personal Information in our possession.
- Personal information is defined as all information about you as an identifiable individual, including but not limited to your name, address, email address, telephone number, and identity number.
Skins Cosmetics collects and processes personal information that is reasonably necessary for its business functions and activities which include but are not limited to the following:
- transacting online at www.skins.co.zaand making of any online purchase(s)
- opening an account on www.skins.co.za
- taking part in our promotions, surveys, and/or competitions when applicable.
Skins Cosmetics may also collect personal information about you through accessing data and then analysing from other sources together with the information we already hold about you in order to learn more about your likely preferences and interests. When you visit our websites, social media pages or mobile applications or click on our advertisements on the online media of other companies.
In order to register for certain services or to enter competitions or promotions offered through our website from time to time Skins Cosmetics may also collect relevant personal information and use such information to provide the services to you.
Skins Cosmetics may also use such information for its own internal purposes including –
- establishment and verification of your identity;
- maintenance and updates to our customer databases; and
- marketing, product research and development purposes.
- Skins Cosmetics may collect information about you using technology which is not apparent to you, for example “cookies”. An HTTP cookie (also called web cookie, Internet cookie, browser cookie, or simply cookie) is a small piece of data stored on the user's computer by the web browser while browsing a website.
- Cookies are designed to be a reliable mechanism for websites to remember stateful information (such as items added in the shopping cart) or to record browsing activity (including clicking buttons, logging in, or recording which pages were visited in the past).
- Please note that cookies may be necessary to provide you with certain features available on our Website, and thus if you disable the cookies on your browser you may not be able to use those features, and your access to our Website will therefore be limited.
- When you visit Skins Cosmetics, even if you do not create an account, we may collect information, such as your IP address, the name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider), your browser, the website from which you visit us, the pages on our website that you visit and in what sequence, the date and length of your visit, and other information concerning your computer’s operating system, language settings, and broad demographic information.
- This information is aggregated and anonymous data and does not identify you specifically. However, you acknowledge that this data may be able to be used to identify you if it is aggregated with other Personal Information that you supply to us. This information is not shared with third parties and is used only within Skins Cosmetics on a need-to-know basis.
- Any individually identifiable information related to this data will never be used in any way different to that stated above, without your explicit permission.
When you open an account with us, shop at one of our stores, enter any of our competitions, partake in promotions, visit our website, or download or use one of our apps we will collect the following information from you:
- Your name, surname, and residential/postal address;
- Your email address and telephone number.
- Your age, gender, nationality, and language;
- Any other form of personal information that we may reasonably require to offer or provide any of our services or products to you;
We may use your personal information to:
- Respond to any queries or requests you may have;
- inform you of changes made to our website;
- verify your identity,
- provide you with our products and services,
- improve your overall user experience by analysing it for trends,
- invite you to attend events and promotions we hold,
- developing an online user profile;
- for security, administrative and legal purposes;
- send you marketing material (including electronic communications) relating to products and services you might be interested in. You can unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time and thereafter we will not market to you.
- the creation and development of market data profiles which may provide insight into market norms, practices and trends to help us improve our offering to you. Such information will be compiled and retained in aggregated form, but shall not be used in any way which may comprise the identity of a user.
- We are not in the business of selling personal information and therefore we will not disclose your personal information to anyone except as provided in this policy.
- We may for marketing purposes disclose or transfer your personal information to our agencies.
- It may be necessary for us to disclose or transfer your personal information to suppliers, affiliates, partners or agents in order to provide you with our services.
- We will obviously need to disclose your personal information to employees of ours who require it to do their jobs. We make sure they are aware of and take their confidentiality obligations seriously. They are contractually bound to keep all confidential information confidential.
- There may be situations where the law requires us to disclose your personal information. In all other situations, we will not disclose your personal information without notifying you and enabling you to object.
- Skins Cosmetics uses all reasonable endeavours to put in place and maintain secure electronic procedures and systems to ensure accuracy and to eliminate risks of unauthorised access to, and loss, misuse or wrongful alteration of, personal information with reference to accepted technological standards.
- If you have any questions concerning your personal information, please click here to contact us.
9.1 Skins Cosmetics will not sell, rent or otherwise disclose your personal information to any third party without your express and informed consent, provided that by using our website and/or subscribing for any of our services, you provide said consent for Skins Cosmetics to disclose your personal information to third parties as follows –
9.1.1 to third party companies employed by Skins Cosmetics to provide services for us, including for example, our website hosting and development company may require access to your personal information to perform their functions and not for any other purpose;
9.1.2 to transfer Skins Cosmetics’ s customer database/s, including personal information contained therein, to any third party who acquires all or substantially all the assets or shares in our company or our website service whether by sale, merger, acquisition or otherwise;
9.1.3 to governmental agencies, exchanges and other regulatory or self-regulatory organisations if Skins Cosmetics is required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to -
220.127.116.11 comply with the law or with any legal process;
18.104.22.168 protect and defend our rights and property or that of our customers and companies in our group;
22.214.171.124 prevent fraud or abuse, misuse or unauthorised use of our website; and/or
126.96.36.199 protect the personal safety or property of our customers or the public (if you provide false or deceptive information about yourself or misrepresent yourself as being someone else, Skins Cosmetics will disclose such information to the appropriate regulatory bodies and commercial entities).
9.2 Skins Cosmetics reserves the right to share non-personal, non-individual information in aggregate form with third parties for business purposes, for example with advertisers on our website or business associates and partners. This does not involve disclosing any personal information which can identify any individual consumer in any way.
- Although absolute security cannot be guaranteed on the internet, Skins Cosmetics has in place up-to-date, reasonable technical and organisational security measures to protect your Personal Information against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, misuse, destruction or against unauthorised disclosure or access to the information we process online.
- The Skins Cosmetics web site uses an industry standard 128-bit Server CA certificate to implement Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption to encrypt transmission of sensitive information between the user’s browser and our web server. SSL security is among the best approaches available today for secure commerce transactions. All personal information of our users is encrypted in order to ensure that it cannot be read during the transmission of information over the internet.
- It is important that the information we have about you is accurate and up to date. If your personally identifiable information changes you may correct or update it online. We cannot be liable for any information that is inaccurate and/or obsolete.
- Skins Cosmetics will provide you with access to any of your personal information it holds (except in limited circumstances recognised by law). If you wish to access your personal information or have an enquiry about privacy, please contact our Privacy Officer. Before Skins Cosmetics provides you with access to your personal information proof of identity will be required. Skins Cosmetics may, at its discretion and in addition, charge a fair fee for giving access to your personal information if your request requires substantial effort on our part.
As an existing customer, we provide you the opportunity to ‘opt-out’ of having your personally identifiable information used for certain purposes, when we ask for this information. If you no longer wish to receive our newsletters and/or promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by:
- following the instructions included in each newsletter or communication
- updating your registered profile preferences on our website.
Skins Cosmetics’s information is as follows, which should be read in conjunction with its product descriptions and other terms and conditions contained on the Website:
- Full Name: African Sales Retail (Pty) Limited t/a Skins Cosmetics, under license, a private company registered in South Africa with registration number. 2017/128912/07
- Main Business: Online and Mall Retailer of perfumery, cosmetics, skin care, candles, diffusers, home wares and related accessories
- Physical address for receipt of legal service (also postal and street address): 225 2nd Street, Corner 16th Road, Halfway House, Midrand, 1685. Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa.
- Contact Number: 011 809 4000